Thursday, November 3, 2016 – 9:30 am
INJustice Center – Courtroom 15A
Ontario & Lakeside, Cleveland
more Cleveland events this week below
October 31, 2016 | Revolution Newspaper | revcom.us
On July 20, as Trump delivered his fascist message of law and order, misogyny, and unbridled vitriolic racist attacks against Blacks, Latinos and Chicanos, Muslims and immigrants, Joey Johnson lit the flag on fire as the Revolution Club chanted “1, 2, 3, 4—Slavery, Genocide, and War! 5, 6, 7, 8—America Was NEVER Great!” As previously written (“Joey Johnson and the RNC 16 Put the System on Trial in Cleveland”), the revcoms “had a right to do what we did at the RNC… and it was right!”
The flyer for the RNC 16 (which can be downloaded and spread) puts the challenge this way:
If you know something about the history and reality of this country, that America never was great, and you support the Revolution Club delivering this message powerfully and dramatically right in front of the RNC… if you think revolution and Bob Avakian’s new synthesis of communism need to be heard and known—and not silenced or suppressed by the powers that be… if police murder after murder after murder of Black and Brown people makes you sick and you’re feeling like Colin Kaepernick… if you think people should have the right to burn the flag and you don’t want to let them undercut Texas v. Johnson... if you think it was right to burn the flag… JOIN US in demanding: DROP THE CHARGES ON JOEY JOHNSON AND THE RNC 16!
On Thursday, November 3, Joey Johnson and the RNC 16 will converge on Cleveland for a court hearing they are required to attend as they continue to be criminally prosecuted for carrying out their righteous, defiant and timely burning of the american flag at the Republican National Convention on July 20. As the RNC 16 have stated, we are putting their system on trial legally and politically. This means we must pack the courtroom on November 3 and demand the charges be dropped! The RNC 16 will also conduct the People’s Tribunal in Cleveland, again putting the system on trial using their own words and action to prosecute them.
* Write a letter to the prosecutor and chief assistant prosecutor in Cleveland to demand that all charges against all those arrested July 20 when the flag was burned be dropped immediately. Call Kimberly Barnett-Mills, chief assistant prosecutor, at 216-664-4850. Send letter to: Prosecutor Tim McGinty, 1200 Ontario St #9, Cleveland, OH 44113. Tel. 216-443-7800. Twitter: @Pros_TimMcGinty. Or to send an email, go to: www.prosecutor.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/Contact.aspx. (Please copy to email@example.com or Twitter: @joey4revolution)
* Donate money and raise much-needed funds for legal defense and travel costs as these RNC 16 come to Cleveland for their court appearances and for speaking engagements about their case. For more info about what you can do, see DROP THE CHARGES ON JOEY JOHNSON & THE RNC 16!
RNC16 Events in Cleveland this week!
Be part of it, and spread the word.
▪ Thursday, Nov 3, tba: “RNC 16 Put the Pigs on Trial: People’s Tribunal Finds the System GUILTY!” The People’s Tribunal will be performed in various locations. Stay tuned for updates at www.revbookscle.org And watch it now on youtube!
▪ Saturday, Nov 5, 11 am: Tune in to WOBC, Oberlin College Community Radio to hear a live interview with Joey Johnson
▪ Saturday, Nov 5, 4 pm: See and Hear Joey Johnson speak at the Manna Church, 8019 Cedar Ave
▪ To contact the RNC 16 and to request Joey Johnson or one of the other RNC 16 to speak at your school, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in Cleveland: FreeRNC16@gmail.com 216-225-2267